vendredi 9 mai 2008

We have already finished a third week!







Hello all from Cahors! First of all thank you to all who have added comments to our blog! A little note, you will not see you comment until I have an access to the internet. Because spam and viruses that are often sent via blog comments, we have put in place an approval system. As soon as we see them then they are published.
We are not walking today, resting and of course catching up with e-mails, etc. Yesterday we had a great day. We walked to Cahors in beautiful sunny weather with a cool breeze. We had lunch on a terrasse, one of the best pizzas I have ever had in France! We then crossed the "Pont Valentré" a famous bridge on the way to Santiago and then climbed, and I mean literally climbed on all fours up a hill to our next gîte.
I really thought that Arlette and I would talk a lot while we were walking but though we did the first few days we now seem to be lost in our thoughts. Because the paths are sometimes quite narrow, we tend to walk one behind the other.

As I walked yesterday, I was thinking that we have now walked 20 days. I think it is obvious that, physically we can do it. So why are we still walking? I know that I am anxious in the morning to get started again. I know that I want to go to the end. I know that I love having someone to walk for, to honour, in memory of someone who has died and is missed by a loved one. It seems to give me energy and motivation. I sometimes feel as if it can help the person who is suffering the pain of loss. It is, I believe, the magic of the pilgrimage.
On May 4th we stayed at the gîte "Les Volets Bleus". It is owned by a Swiss-German artists who has lived in this tiny village of Gréalou for over 30 years. We were 7 pilgrims, one other like us going all the way, the others stopping after a week or two. We had a wonderful evening. The weather was warm, we prepared the meal ourselves, a big niçoise type of salad with eggs, tuna, olives, potatoes, tomatos and apples. It was a wonderful evening. Our hostess played a few numbers on the accordian.

Michèle


Aucun commentaire:

Qui suis-je

Ma photo
Nous voilà deux femmes à la retraite prête à passer à la prochaine étape de notre vie. Ce pèlerinage nous donne l'opportunité de vivre des changements dans nos vie.