mardi 13 mai 2008

Accidents on the way!


Well wouldn't you know it! I think I said it one too many times, "I have no problems with my feet, no blisters, no pain." I have been much too cocky! Sunday in the night getting up in my bare feet, I hit the leg of a chair and broke a toe, 4th toe on the left foot! We taxied to Moissac and I sort of hoped that it was just sprained and the pain would dissapear but a trip to the Emergency ward and an x-ray confirmed it. They were very good, took only 30 minutes and I left with my x-ray and prescription for pain pills in hand.

Arlette has continued with friends we have met along the way and i will travel by train and bus to Condom to wait for her. Hopefully I will be able to walk reasonably well by Saturday. Oh well, "le chemin" has all sorts of surprises for us!

Michèle

1 commentaire:

Caminante a dit...

Eh bien, j'ai fait la même chose en 2006 une semaine avant de partir en chemin, seulement c'était deux orteilles ou bien une orteille et un os de mon pied. Néanmoins, j'ai fait 400kms+/- de Moissac-Roncevaux avec ce pied gonflé et douleureux. Alors, bien que ce soit un an après, vous avez toute sympathie pour cet accident.

Qui suis-je

Ma photo
Nous voilà deux femmes à la retraite prête à passer à la prochaine étape de notre vie. Ce pèlerinage nous donne l'opportunité de vivre des changements dans nos vie.