dimanche 6 avril 2008

Credencial del Peregrino

Today we received our « credencial ». The Association québécoise des pèlerins et amis du Chemin de Saint-Jacques organized a day of ceremony that began with a short 5 km walk. In medieval times when a person set out to walk to Santiago, friends and family would walk with them to the next village to see them off. After, a mass was read by the Bishop of Gatineau Mgr Ébacher. We then shared lunch and then received our Credencial del Peregrino. This is our passport that allows us access to the refugios or albergue, hostels or inns for pilgrims along the path. It is also proof that you have walked the Camino and allows you to receive your Compostela (sometimes called a Compostelana), a wonderful document written in latin that serves as your proof that you have walked the Camino. Arlette had our names translated into Latin for the Compostela.





I was very touched and felt very lucky to have my family with me, my parents, my sister, my supportive husband Jean-Claude and my wonderful son Sébastien all the way from Vancouver. Several of my friends also came to share this experience with me. Joan & Jacques, Louise & Michel, Jocelyne et Roger, François, Don and Marnie & Paul all walked with me in the morning and several of them were able to stay for Mass and lunch.


When I went up to receive my credencial I was cheered on by my friends and family. I feel as if all of them will be with me and Arlette throughout this journey. They will certainly all be in my heart!

Ten days to go before we fly off! I can't wait.





Michèle

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit...
Ce commentaire a été supprimé par un administrateur du blogue.

Qui suis-je

Ma photo
Nous voilà deux femmes à la retraite prête à passer à la prochaine étape de notre vie. Ce pèlerinage nous donne l'opportunité de vivre des changements dans nos vie.